I have always been an avid animal lover and advocate. I grew up always having cats and dogs in my life and as a teenager my mother started to foster for rescue dogs. This is where my deep admiration for animal behaviour work began. She most often took in animals who had just been rescued from severe cases of neglect. Since then I have worked hard to become educated on animal welfare, behaviour, and general animal care so that I can continue to help pets in need.
In 2015, I completed an apprenticeship to become a Canine Behaviour Consultant. I am also a Certified Professional Pet Sitter (CPPS), and I have completed certificate programs in Canine Emotion & Cognition from Duke University as well as a certificate in Animal Behaviour & Welfare from the University of New Edinburgh. Although I have finished my formal education in behaviour science, I regularly attend seminars and workshops to continue to keep up with the ever changing science. My methodologies are positive training based and I do not encourage the use of prong, choke/pinch or shock collars.
Most recently, I have taken on the role of President for SafePet Ottawa - an charitable organization in Ottawa helping families flee domestic violence by fostering their animals. I am also a member of Women for a Humane Canada and sit on the National Link Coalition.
I was honoured in 2018 to be presented with the inaugural CBC Ottawa Trailblazers award and with the Tsirmpa Award at the Ottawa Wedding Awards for my work to make a difference in Ottawa.
You'll often see me at different rescue/charity events throughout the city helping to raise funds for different animal rescue organizations. I have also fostered for many different groups including: Loyal Rescue, Catahoula Rescue and Sit With Me Shelter Dog Rescue.
I can't wait to meet you and your fur-kids!
- March 2017: Animal Rescue Corps Training (Spoke both days - Canine Body Language & Assessment Techniques)
- April 2017: National Animal Welfare Conference (Spoke on behalf of SafePet Ottawa)
- November 2017: Canadian Violence Link Conference (Spoke on behalf of SafePet Ottawa)
- April 2018: Natinal Animal Welfare Conference (Spoke about Standards & Guidelines in pet care)
- June 2018: National Women In Shelters Conference (Spoke on behalf of SafePet Ottawa)
- November 2019: Canadian Violence Link Conference (Spoke on behalf of SafePet Ottawa)
- March 2020: World Pet Sitter Conference (Spoke about consistency in brand)